We are committed to providing the highest quality service.
This will be achieved by working together.
HELP US TO HELP YOU.
- Premises will be clean and accessible to all patients.
- Five incoming telephone lines are provided on one number, which can be used twenty-four hours a day to obtain advice on how to contact a doctor. Lines are answered as promptly as possible.
- Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. A separate interview room is available if you would like to speak with the receptionist in private.
- Urgent requests for appointments will be assessed the same day. Routine appointments will be offered when available.
- Practice staff will wear name badges for ease of identification and will offer a friendly, courteous service at all times.
- Repeat prescriptions are available three working days after request (two working days for live repeats).
- If referral to a consultant or other agency is appropriate, this will be made within three working days of your consultation, wherever possible. We use the e-referral system where possible.
- Practice leaflets are available with information about the practice and the services offered. Other health information is available on the practice noticeboards and website.
- We welcome your comments and suggestions – please address these to the practice manager. We operate a practice complaints procedure – details are available from reception.
Help us to help you:
- Please treat our staff with courtesy and respect. We operate a zero tolerance policy for violence and aggression towards our staff.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment and let us know if you will be unable to attend or no longer require your appointment – it may be offered to somebody else.
- Please book separate appointments if more than one patient is to be seen.
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Home visits are for patients who are too ill to attend the surgery or for those who are housebound. It is preferable, wherever possible, for patients to attend the surgery where we have far better facilities for examination and treatment. If you do require a home visit, please telephone the surgery before 11am.
- Please telephone after 2.30pm for test results – results are usually not available before this time and the receptionist will have more time to help.